Tuesday 11 September 2012

Tandoori Potato recipe



The first time that I tried these delicious little morsels was at the local market. I was there shopping and it was a dull cold day. I had just dropped off my son at his nursery at the time, so i had been in a usual last minute rush so I hadn't even had time to grab any breakfast, so I was STARVING!!!! Just in the nick of time there was a market stall selling all sorts of home made spicy foods. I didn't even think about what to eat, i just said to the stall holder "I'll have one of those, one of those and one of those please!! When he put all of my goodies into a bag, the whole carrier bag was absolutely full to the brim!! He must of thought that i was a right greedy pig lol!! Never mind, I didn't care because it made my shopping sooo much easier!!

One of the goodies that was in the bag of joy, was some tandoori potatoes on skewers. My mouth watered when I saw them. They looked like shiny red jewels on a chain. When I tasted them it was just heaven! They were instantly one of my new favourite foods.

On the way home I popped into my local supermarket, I was looking in the world food section (as per usual,) and I noticed some tandoori paste. I had seen the paste before, but I never really paid to much attention to it before. Of cause I snapped the paste up and put it in my basket to buy.

When I got home, I had already got some pre cooked jersey royal new potatoes. They really are the best waxy potato! So I grabbed the ingredients, left to marinade and roasted just before the rest of the dinner was ready. They were different to the potatoes that I had had at the market, but they were equally just as delicious. So why don't you give them a go for yourself and let me know how you get on? :-) :-) :-)

Ingredients:-

About 10-20 new potatoes. It just depends on the size.
3 heaped tbs tandoori paste (of your choice)
2 tbs fresh yoghurt,
1/2 tsp turmeric powder,
1 tsp lemon juice (or to taste)
just a sprinkle of salt,
Fresh coriander for garnishing.

Directions:-

1) In a large bowl mix all of the above ingredients together, except the potatoes.

2) Then mix in the required amount of potatoes.

3) When every thing is thoroughly mixed in together and all of the potatoes are well coated with the mixture, cover with cling film and put them into the fridge to marinade for a couple of hours, or even over night. I only had time to marinade for a few hours but they were fine with that.

4) When you are just about ready to cook, preheat the oven to the hottest temperature your oven will go to. Give the potatoes one last mix, give the baking tray a drizzle of oil and then spread the potatoes evenly onto the tray.

5) Put the tray onto the top shelf of your oven and cook for 5-10 minutes turning once. You need to keep an eye on them once they are in the oven, because evry oven is different so cooking times may change dramatically!

6) Once they are cooked sprinkle over some fresh coriander and serve with salad and plane yoghurt.
I hope that you enjoy they as much as my family and I did, so why don't you let me know how you got on? :-) :-) :-)

1 comment:

  1. This is Katie's mum - she told me about the meal you cooked the other night for her and said it was the best curry she had ever had. I am
    looking at your recipes and feeling very hungry. Well done!

    ReplyDelete